Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Little Boy

My little boy is not so little anymore! Well, for those with teenagers I realize 4 years old is still little, but I just can't believe my first born turned 4 today. Daniel is such a sweet little guy - although we have had our moments lately as he pushes my patience to the edge - nonetheless he has been and continues to be an amazing little guy. I'm able to see his compassion expanding as he comforts Lauren when she is hurt, his independence growing as he has a sleepover without a whimper, his patience developing as he restrains himself from hitting Lauren back when she hits him, and his curiosity expanding as he questions when and how his new baby cousin will be born.

Daniel has always been my timid child, taking time to warm up to new situations, but the changes I have seen in him in the past year are astounding. Last year at this time I was losing sleep worrying about how he would handle preschool, this year we are excitedly discussing the new school year approaching and wondering which of his friends will be in his class.

I'm crazy about my little guy. He will often stop in the middle of playing, turn to me suddenly and say, "Mommy, I love you all the way to the moon."

Happy Birthday Daniel - I love you to the moon...and back.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

He is such a sweet little guy. (And I'm a little relieved to hear he tries your patience, because G&H try mine too!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...