Tuesday, November 30, 2010

10 Things to Smile About in November

Wow - where is the time going?  Here we are again at the end of a month and ready to list out my 10 Things to Smile About in November.  Let's get started...

A last minute 3-day getaway to Palm Springs for the four of us.  The weather was perfect, the hotel was almost empty and the rate was dirt cheap.  What more could you ask for??

A spa day with my sister two weeks before she gave birth to baby #3.  We had massages, ate lunch and shopped all day.  I'm guessing we won't get a chance to do that for a while.

Enjoying Lauren's last day of "mommy and me" school before the holiday break.  She is crazy about her teacher and just loves her time there.  I'm hoping we get into the next session--the class fills up FAST!  Here she is proudly showing off the bead necklace that she made.


The birth of my brand new niece!!

Giving thanks for my family on Thanksgiving and the day after.  We spent time with my in-laws and my parents and enjoyed the holiday while stuffing ourselves.

My kids enjoying special time with almost all of their cousins.  First it was a sleepover at our house the night my sister had her baby, then it was Thanksgiving dinner with the cousins on my husbands side of the family.






My amazing friend Shannon (known as Aunt Shannon) who comes to my house, helps with the kids and is always the most supportive friend.  Here she is leading "Princess Storytime" for Lauren and my niece.

My husband's Christmas spirit.  Joe is as excited about Christmas as the kids and it makes the whole season so fun.  We are fortunate to have a house in our neighborhood that is AMAZINGLY decorated for Christmas and we walk to it a few nights a week.  This is our first visit of the 2010 season.

The first birthday of my good friend's son.  He was born with many complications, spent time in the NICU, been on a feeding tube and has already undergone several surgeries.  Celebrating his first birthday was an emotional event for all of us.

Visiting with my (almost) 95 year old grandfather.  I'm so thankful my kids are able to get to know their great-grandfather, such a rare gift.  His health has only recently been on the decline and I'm realistic that his time is limited, but he has always been such a special man to me and I'm so happy he now is to my children as well.

What made you smile in November?  Remember, a smile is contagious -- it's hard not to smile when someone is smiling at you.


2 comments:

Emmy said...

Wow! What a great list! It sounds like you have so much wonderful family. And lots of big events in your extended family this month.

Thanks so much for linking up

Mrs Montoya said...

Awesome list, Kristi! I can't believe your sister has another sweet little baby. DARLING! and I love the campout pix. November was definitely a good month for your gang

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...