Sunday, January 24, 2010

Two Green Beans

Getting Daniel to eat vegetables is a daily struggle. Fruits, no problem. But vegetables, no way. Here is a re-cap of tonight's vegetable struggle.

I thought I was being easy on him - I made taco salad for Joe and I and since Daniel likes all his food separate I put on his plate (that has four sections) taco meat, cheese, tortilla chips and corn. Each in their own little section. Taco meat, cheese, tortilla chips - no problem. Corn...you would have thought I was asking him to eat a live frog. I told him he had to have some vegetables. He says he wants green beans. Fine (I had thought corn would be easier, whatever!). So I nuke two frozen green beans in the microwave. Twenty minutes and one time-out later we are down to one green bean. By the way, at this point Lauren has consumed so much corn that I cut her off in fear and anticipation of tomorrow's diaper change. Now Daniel starts his negotiating. One bite of the green bean and he will eat more chips. WHAT??? No way little man, the chips are just filler - I don't care how much of those you eat as long as you eat your veggies. Another 10 minutes goes by. Lauren is now in the bath and I'm washing dishes while intermittenly checking to see how the green bean is going. Several slow, painful bites later the green is gone. I'm thrilled. Until I realize I am happy that he ate TWO GREEN BEANS!

1 comment:

Mrs Montoya said...

Oh my gosh - we've had dinners like that, too! PAINFUL. My kids are smitten with edamame right now. Has Daniel tried that? I don't care what it is if it's a vegetable and they'll eat it. We had edamame three or four nights last week. Whatever it takes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...