Thursday, January 28, 2010

In Awe

I'm in awe of a friend of mine. Her strength, her will, her determination to do everything she can for her baby boy. And her ability to be a wonderful mother to her three beautiful girls in the midst of so much chaos. We finally met up last night - five of us "girls" (are we still girls when we are all in our 30's and all mothers??). We drank wine and ate appetizers, we chatted about our kids, our husbands, the holidays. But truthfully I was more in awe of my friend than I would have been in a room full of A-list celebrities. How does she do it? Would I have the same strength? I want to help her. But here is my deep, dark secret...I want to help her so I can feel better. Feel like I too am doing something. Something more than what I am currently doing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...