Thursday, February 4, 2010

Buddies

A couple months after I had Daniel I realized I was bored. I didn't think I would be as a stay-at-home mom, but I was. My sister encouraged me to join a local moms group. I did - in fact I joined three before I met a group where I "clicked" with the other moms. Now, more than three years later I can honestly say some of the girls in the moms group are some of my closest friends. We get together for playdates and the all important moms nights outs! The group is as much for me as for my kids. Here are my kids and some of their buddies...

Daniel and his buddy Dylan - a couple of super heroes


Lauren giving her buddy Pierce a kiss


Daniel and buddies on a backyard tree swing


Lauren and her buddy Elyse, who always sweetly calls Lauren "Princess Lauren"


I'm thankful for the new friends I've made, for their support and insights. Their parenting advice and their encouragement that yes, we have all had those mommy moments and it's OK!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...