Monday, February 15, 2010

A Packed Lunch

Have you heard about Bento boxes? Or Laptop lunches? Well, if you have you probably have a toddler, if not, you have no idea what I'm talking about and think I'm feeding my kid a computer. The idea behind Bento boxes is having an eco-friendly reusable packed lunch box for kids (no tossing 3 ziplock baggies a day). And since most kids are finicky and don't like food to touch, everything has a separate place. Cute, but those darn things are pricey. To save myself over $20 (for each kid!) I headed to Big Lots and bought two containers that have three sections each, plus a place for a fork and knife. Then I stopped at the $1 store and grabbed some "food" stickers. Daniel went crazy covering his container in stickers, leaving a couple for Lauren's. Today we tried out our laptop lunches at the park and I think they worked great. And with the money I saved, I can buy myself a "treat."

2 comments:

rObrak said...

That's amazing! While they are young they are already thought of good lunch pack container. =) They both look cute in the picture. Being able to use an earth-friendly product is really a practical thing to do because you can do something for the environment as well as for your love one's health. ;-)

DK Billiard Service and Showroom said...

Yay for bentos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...