Friday, October 1, 2010

When they drive me crazy, I am thankful

I've been trying really hard lately to remain calm with the kids when things get frustrating. It's hard, but at least I'm trying. So I'm reminding myself of the following...

When the kids drive me crazy because they suddenly are hungry right before bedtime, I am thankful they are growing and healthy.

When the kids drive me crazy because they demand another book at bedtime, I am thankful they still want me to cuddle and read to them in bed.

When the kids drive me crazy by not napping or resting in the afternoon, I am thankful I am home with them to enjoy that extra time.


When the kids drive me crazy because they insist on dressing themselves or buckling their own seat belts, I am thankful they WANT to do things for themselves.


When the kids drive me crazy talking non-stop in the car during traffic, I am thankful for their sweet voices.


When the kids drive me crazy because they overreact to a bump or scratch, I am thankful that is the extent of the pain they have ever felt.


When the kids drive me crazy because they are tired and cranky, I am thankful knowing it is only for a limited time and they always wake up happy the next day.


I've always tried to be a "glass is half full" type of person. Seeing the positive and realizing how good I have it. There are moments since becoming a mom that my optimistic nature has been tested, but if I stop and think about it; if I don't allow the lack of sleep and over-caffeinated brain take over, I can see the positive in the situation and usually even enjoy it.

Don't feel bad though if you do lose it at times. I certainly have yelled, over-reacted and mumbled angrily under my breath.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...