Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Pop of Color

I haven't been sewing much lately and I realized I missed it.  I decided to try out an easy, but practical project -- pillow covers!  I love the idea of making pillow covers for my throw pillows because it's a quick way to change the look of a room with just a pop of color.  The sofa in our family room is basic beige and came with four pillows.  Here is one of them...

I didn't love the pattern and I didn't like the fact that all four were the exact same.  So I looked up a tutorial for pillow covers (you can find anything online!) and made these...
I'm so happy with them!  I have some large pillows that I'm not using and am going to cover them and use them as floor pillows.  It's funny how I don't sew for a while and then when I do I have all kinds of projects on my list.  Better run, got lots of projects to work on.

1 comment:

The Calagna Family said...

Love them! How I need your help...I so want to learn to sew! How fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...