Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekly Dinner Menu

I swear if I don't do a weekly dinner menu on Sunday we ate crap all week long.  For some reason I can't organize myself mid-week so it's either all or nothing with me.  This week I got really organized and planned out my week's menu and went shopping for it on Sunday afternoon.  I also added something new to my list, a kids menu.  I try really hard not to be a short-order cook with my kids and get them to eat a variety of foods.  But the reality is, they are 2 and 4 and I just can't expect them to try everything Joe and I like to eat.  My compromise is that they eat some of what Joe and I eat, but maybe a modified version.  For example, tonight I made chicken and cheese enchiladas, but I know there is no way they will eat them with spicy (ok mild!) red sauce.  So before I made the chicken mixture I separated out some chicken and mixed in seasonings and cheese, rolled the mixture in tortillas and baked them when I baked my enchiladas.  Easy, kid-friendly and not a lot of additional work.  

Sunday - Chicken enchiladas (no real recipe, just throw them together) and rice. kid menu - chicken and cheese tortilla rolls, rice, fruit

Monday - Farfalle Pasta with chicken, tomatoes and spinach.  The recipe doesn't include chicken but I boiled more chicken than I needed for enchiladas and will toss some in to the pasta. kid menu -  buttered pasta, chicken, baby carrots

Tuesday - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes (from a box), grilled asparagus (season with EVOO, salt and pepper and grill in oven). kid menu - meatloaf, french fries (frozen ones, bake in oven when I put in asparugus) and peas.  For some odd reason my kids don't like mashed potatoes...I'm sure they will eventually.

Wednesday - Stir Fry Chicken Paprikash and noodles. kid menu - plain noodles, red bell pepper, plain chicken from our dinner

Thursday - Greek Chicken pitas and salad.  kid menu -  chicken in pitas and some fruit or veggie.

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - Take out or go out!

So now you know what we will be eating this week.  If any of these dinners sounds good to you, stop on by!

2 comments:

Romantic Dinner said...

Amazing your weekly dinner menu. very nice choose food every day. i like your idea and Excellent this post . colorful and lovely recipe in your menu. i like that

The Calagna Family said...

You are awesome! I love that you do this and I also think I will be creating a kids menu...it is so difficult to get them to eat the same as we o! Xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...