Sunday, October 4, 2009

Felt Food, Bows and More

I hope my 3-year old niece Julia doesn't read my blog because she's about to find out her Christmas present. Check out this spread of yummy food...it's made out of felt!

How fun is that? My goal is to make a basket full of felt food for Julia, an apron and maybe some matching kitchen towels. I got the idea from my friend Melinda who made an awesome basket of felt food for Daniel's birthday -- he absolutely loves it and I just knew I needed to get cooking, er...I mean sewing. Next up is a banana, a cupcake and fixings for a sandwich.

The next item on my crafty list is more hair bows. Here are some of my most recent creations.

I love making these - if your little girl has a birthday coming up don't be surprised if she gets some. And if you are reading this and don't personally know me, I can always sell you some.

Lastly I made myself an scarf from this tutorial. Jamie at Pretty Ditty makes some ridiculously cute stuff and this scarf was so easy and cheap. I bought 2 yards of fabric on sale for $6 bucks and cut it into three long scarves. So each scarf is costing me $2 plus maybe a dollar for extra materials. And I read someplace recently that purple is the color for this fall. Whatever - it's cute. I made one for myself, am in the process of making one for my sister and still deciding who gets the last one. Maybe you??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, purple is definately the colour of the season! I've already got tons of new purple things for this autumn. I love the stuff you make, I make jewelry, maybe we can go into business together! :-)

Mrs Montoya said...

Maybe me, indeed!!! That scarf is fantastic and would look so pretty on me :) I am super impressed with all your new crafty things, Kris. The basket of felt food is super cool. I'm a little jealous of your mad skills!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...