Monday, October 12, 2009

Letters to Someone

My Dear Lovely Lauren,

I think you are adorable, but the fact that you have started throwing tantrums is just not cool. Your dramatics should be saved for your teen years - I think 15 months is a little young for this much angst. At 15 years old I will expect it. No you can not steal your brother's favorite dinosaur and bolt into the other room and then throw a major fit when he grabs it back from you. In Daniel's defense he had it first and you know (I know you do!) it's his favorite. Sorry, but you can not have a Capri Sun - you will just squirt it everywhere and make a huge mess. Just because I will not give you one does not give you the ok to throw yourself on the ground and kick and scream. Seriously girl??

Also, can we talk a little about shoes? They are to go on your feet. They are not loveys that you carry around. Now I love shoes as much as the next girl, but I prefer to wear them. And I mean wear both of them. Stop taking one shoe off and leaving one on. Let's compromise -- at home you can carry around a shoe, but when we go outside you MUST wear BOTH shoes.

Love,
Your Do NOT "Save your Drama for Your Mama" Mommy

Here is Lauren having a fit about shoes. Notice Daniel trying to hold her hand.


My Dear Sweet Daniel,

I do love the sight of your face and your Cars jammies in the morning, but not at 3:45am. That's just way too early and still the middle of night as far as this household is concerned. Three visits between 3:45 am and 4:45 am was not a fun way to start off my Monday. While we are on the topic of sleeping, how about sleeping in once in a while??!!

Love,
Your Tired Mommy

Here is Daniel playing with his favorite dinosaur, before Lauren stole it.


Dear Sunny Hawaii,

Three days and counting my love, three days.

From,
A very anxious soon to be visitor

2 comments:

Mrs Montoya said...

Ah, you better get used to the drama my friend. It's inevitable and it hurts. A lot! AND are you in Hawaii right now?!??!!??! JEALOUS

Melinda H. said...

Oh my gosh I am cracking up!!!!! You are freaking hilarious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...