Saturday, November 14, 2009

More crafting

Today I had the chance to work on some craft projects - thank you daddy for taking both kids to judo practice. I'm sort of bummed I missed seeing Daniel and Lauren at judo (because I'm pretty sure there was little judo going on and a lot of mischief instead), but I LOVED having the morning to myself. I'm really trying to make as many Christmas gifts as possible and I'm almost done with my niece Julia. Her basket of felt food just has a few pieces missing and today I made an apron. I cheated a little though and used a dress that had a big stain on the front to make the apron. I cut apart the dress and only used the back (un-stained) side. I added a pocket because I found some little wooden spoons that needed a home and then I hemmed the sides and added bias tape on the top. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I love the idea of re-purposing an adorable dress that had been previously thought as ruined. Here is the finished project.



I also made a little something for myself. I saw this tutorial for making a fabric flower pin . It was super easy and I used various materials and tulle I had on hand. I actually made two because I wanted a big one for using on a jacket or to hold a scarf in place and a small one for a t-shirt or something.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...