Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A New Twist on an Old Shirt

I've been reading several sewing blogs lately and these women amaze me with their abilities and creativity. A new term to me is "re-fashioning" -- which basically means take something you have that you don't love and re-fashion it into something better. I decided to give it a try. I was browsing Anthropologie's website and came across a pretty basic, but cute shirt. Here it is:


I looked at it and thought, well it's basically a t-shirt with some detailing at the "V" and on the sleeves. So I grabbed a plain, round necked t-shirt from Old Navy and created this:

Please don't mind the fact that it's wrinkled (I hate ironing). It's really cute on and is just a little something better than a basic t-shirt. Nothing in my closet is safe from my scissors and thread now...

1 comment:

Mrs Montoya said...

Ooooh, I am super impressed. That looks GOOD. Who knew you could do it?!!?!??! Cool new talent. I like it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...